Tomorrow night is the long anticipated opening of the Martha Cooper X Elle collaborative show “UNEXTINGUISHED”.
This afternoon I once again made the trek over to Mecka Gallery to see how much Elle & Martha Cooper have achieved since last weeks visit… All I can say is that if you can be at Mecka Gallery tomorrow you should!
There is really too much to actually mention in this preview but I will do my best…
Once again, old school meets new school… the classic black and white photos of Martha Cooper are revolutionized by Elle using a photo transfer of wheat pasted Cooper images on dresses, that were then worn by Elle while she used fire extinguishers to paint the gallery, while Cooper photographed her painting… While the entire event was video taped (the video will be on display at the opening tomorrow night). Wow… it will all make sense when you enter the space tomorrow night ; )
Along with a huge warehouse space filled to the brim with everything from fashion to photography to street art, there are amazing goodies to be purchased by all:
1) Elle X Mishka T-shirts $40 (Get there early they are very limited and each is one of a kind via fire extinguisher spray!):
2) Martha Cooper “Street Play” book with print (Signed number edition of 150 for $150.00 for the set):
3) All metal prints are 1/1 and $3500 (and look amazing in person):
4) Gigantic Elle 8 ft. X 5 ft. pastel hand painted original mixed media pieces (6K) & one of a kind painted fire extinguishers (1K):
5) 10 Collaborative prints (20 X 16 – edition of 10) for $800 each:
6) Elle hand finished prints ($150):
7) My favorite are definitely the collaborative dresses… seriously grab one of these if you can!
All I can say is that this show is going to be one for the ages… be there or be square ; )